Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C4T Teacher #3

Allanah King wrote a blog post and was asked to share some of her thinking around modern learning environments in Auckland. She had made a powerpoint presentation showing how people should use an iPad to teach. She also engaged ideas of different ways for children to learn. For example she said using MLE will help with discovery time. This will help children make choices, connect with learner's passions and build independence. She shows how teaching on an iPad will help motivate students, connect with parents, and teach kids how to spell their first 1000 words and so many more. I really enjoyed watching this presentation because it allowed me to think of creative ways I could use to help teach my students

My comment:
Hi, my name is Shannon Watson and I am an EDM310 student. I really enjoyed watching your presentation. It allowed me to think of creative ideas I could use to help teach children. It seen like using an iPad to help children learn is very helpful. I think by teaching on an iPad is a good idea because it allows the kids to experience things on their own and how to have fun doing it. I'm glad I got the opportunity to read this post!

Allanah King has written another blog post on E-Learning to support Mathematics and Bookmarking. Allanah Kind has a request to support teachers that participated in a Numeracy professional learning contract. She posts a link on her Delicious on line bookmarks so the resource will continue to be useful and stay current.

King had made a powerpoint presentation on "Mathematics E-Learning", where she has links about measurements, geometry, statistics, time, etc... I clicked on the problem solving link and I found it very helpful. It was a way for students to practice problem solving.

My comment was:
Hi, my name is Shannon Watson and I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I'm glad I got the chance to view your blog again. I really enjoyed looking at your powerpoint presentation. I clicked on a couple of the links you posted and I found it very helpful when I clicked on the problem solving list. I even catch myself trying to figure out some of the problems. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment